The Book-keepers Forum (BKF)

Post Info TOPIC: Not eligible for CJRS


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1061
Date:
Not eligible for CJRS


Hi all

Trying to do a claim for a client but keeps coming back as 'you are not eligible to make a claim for CJRS' where as he should be, payroll set up for over a year ago!

Anyone else had this?

Cheers



__________________

Doug

These are only my opinions of how I see things and therefore should not be taken as advice



Master Book-keeper

Status: Offline
Posts: 8593
Date:

Hi Doug
Im asssuming that the RTIs have all been done. If so try phoning - 0800 024 1222 (I think its option 1, then 3).

Failing that - you would have to trythe online chat - if it doesnt immediately show on screen just stay on the page and it will eventually pop up) - they may then take 48 hours to come back, although one of mine took less than an hour this morning. Make sure you give as much info as possible oherwise they may not answer the question properly (one of the responses I got was clearly from someone who hadnt read my question at all, but I think they are getting better as things have been coming out of the woodwork for 4 days now and the staff are being trained on the hoof).

HTH

__________________

Joanne

Thoughts are my own/not to be regarded as official advice,which should be sought from a suitably qualified Accountant.

You should check out answers with reference to the legal position (and by that I dont mean with HMRC)

Jay


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 261
Date:

Hi Doug,

We had that problem and still do although we have identified the error.

We applied online to set up a PAYE scheme in April 2019 but not actioned by the time the RTI was due. Having contacted HMRC by telephone at the time they provided the scheme reference numbers etc.

It would seem that after this, HMRC then processed the online application and set up a duplicate scheme. which they cancelled a month later.

We have still been able to send in the RTI's each month on the reference supplied by telephone but HMRC say we are not authorised on that scheme but with the cancelled scheme ?

An hour on the chatline and an email response from HMRC Digital services simple repeats we are not authorised on the live scheme.

Another attempt to telephone HMRC results in " no agents available - too busy"

Its a case of trying again first thing tomorrow I guess.

Keep safe.

BW

Jay



__________________


Master Book-keeper

Status: Offline
Posts: 3468
Date:

Just a thought Doug but is this an annual scheme paid at end of March? A few people have had problems with them



__________________

John

Any advice given is for general guidance and professional advice should be sought applicable to your circumstances.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1061
Date:

Thanks for the replies

Hi Joanne, yes every month RTI filed, either FPS or EPS last payment was on 31st March but before that payment made in Feb so should definitely meet the criteria to make a claim, I have the payslips and the P60 so should not be a problem proving this, I will try ringing or the online chat as you suggest, just another thing to do that I could really do without at the moment.

Hi Jay, I don't think that is the case as I applied for the PAYE scheme myself on behalf of the client and still have a copy of the codes HMRC sent.

Hi John, no not annual scheme, not all regular monthly payments but certainly 3 paid before the March 19th deadline.

Thanks again guys



__________________

Doug

These are only my opinions of how I see things and therefore should not be taken as advice



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Date:

You inadvertently may be in the wrong section of the CJRS that's not applicable to your situation to complete. Yes I would go onto their CJRS web chat advisor in the Help section. It's very slow but they will advise you correctly after asking online innumerable questions.



__________________
nr
Jay


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 261
Date:

Good morning all,

I'm sorry I can't suggest a fix for you, but have detailed the possible fix for our issue in case it will assist anyone else.

Unfortunately we have not been able to contact HMRC this morning by the chat line or telephone as all agents busy.

However ignoring how the error was made, the end result was we were authorised for the scheme that HMRC cancelled due to duplicating schemes rather then the live scheme.

Although this would not have stopped us RTI filing it stops us making the furlough claim.

As we can't seem to get HMRC assistance we have now applied to be authorised for the live scheme. Our client has only furloughed one of his staff so not a financial problem if payment is delayed.

I will update if this fix works for us.

So glad I do not deal with PAYE except under protest

Keep safe.

BW

Jay



-- Edited by Jay on Friday 24th of April 2020 01:54:16 PM

__________________


Master Book-keeper

Status: Offline
Posts: 8593
Date:

spurs1952 wrote:

You inadvertently may be in the wrong section of the CJRS that's not applicable to your situation to complete. Yes I would go onto their CJRS web chat advisor in the Help section. It's very slow but they will advise you correctly after asking online innumerable questions.


Hi Neil

What am I missing? I didnt realise there was more than one 'section' on this, Ive not come across anything.

Ive had a few of experiences with the chat, luckily mostly positive so far. One asked only the PAYE ref, the one who asked more was only the information I had gathered to answer for the rest of the claim anyway. What else did you get asked?

The problem one was the so called technical response which was expected with 48 hours - they responded in an hour (great), but just more of less quouted the already viewed guidance at me/didnt answer the question at allno.



__________________

Joanne

Thoughts are my own/not to be regarded as official advice,which should be sought from a suitably qualified Accountant.

You should check out answers with reference to the legal position (and by that I dont mean with HMRC)



Master Book-keeper

Status: Offline
Posts: 8593
Date:

Jay wrote:

Good morning all,

I'm sorry I can't suggest a fix for you, but have detailed the possible fix for our issue in case it will assist anyone else.

Unfortunately we have not been able to contact HMRC this morning by the chat line or telephone as all agents busy.

However ignoring how the error was made, the end result was we were authorised for the scheme that HMRC cancelled due to duplicating schemes rather then the live scheme.

Although this would not have stopped us RTI filing it stops us making the furlough claim.

As we can't seem to get HMRC assistance we have now applied to be authorised for the live scheme. Our client has only furloughed one of his staff so not a financial problem if payment is delayed.

I will update if this fix works for us.

So glad I do not deal with PAYE except under protest

Keep safe.

BW

Jay



-- Edited by Jay on Friday 24th of April 2020 01:54:16 PM


Hi Jay

I dumped a whole load of payroll a couple of years back, so very glad I did!

Just in case you only get 'limited authorisation' for this one, then try the suggestion in herehttps://www.accountingweb.co.uk/any-answers/agent-paye-limited-authorisation



__________________

Joanne

Thoughts are my own/not to be regarded as official advice,which should be sought from a suitably qualified Accountant.

You should check out answers with reference to the legal position (and by that I dont mean with HMRC)

Jay


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 261
Date:

Thank you so much,

we will try the method suggested and post back the result.

Take care

Jay



__________________
Jay


Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 261
Date:

We ( well my partner) tried the AWEB fix but unfortunately it did not work.

This is because we have no authorisation at all on the current client as this was rescinded when HMRC deleted the wrong scheme.

So back to plan 1, just requested authorisation on the current scheme and will make the claim when authorised.

It is fortunate that the client has furloughed one member of staff only and is in a position to cover the furloughed wage.

Again, thank you for the advise anyway.

Best wishes,

Jay



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1061
Date:

Just an update on the problem I had when the client kept coming back as 'not eligible' it seems that the PAYE scheme had only been set up for a Contractor and paying subbies through CIS, although I have been submitting either EPS or FPS for PAYE since last August through RTI, must admit the lady I spoke to was very helpful and changed the details to allow for the PAYE, she said to wait 48hrs and then try the claim again and it should go through but gave me a number to phone if not to escalate the problem, but the client is definitely eligible for the scheme which is good to know and saves having to make an awkward phone call.

Cheers



__________________

Doug

These are only my opinions of how I see things and therefore should not be taken as advice



Master Book-keeper

Status: Offline
Posts: 8593
Date:

Artois wrote:

Just an update on the problem I had when the client kept coming back as 'not eligible' it seems that the PAYE scheme had only been set up for a Contractor and paying subbies through CIS, although I have been submitting either EPS or FPS for PAYE since last August through RTI, must admit the lady I spoke to was very helpful and changed the details to allow for the PAYE, she said to wait 48hrs and then try the claim again and it should go through but gave me a number to phone if not to escalate the problem, but the client is definitely eligible for the scheme which is good to know and saves having to make an awkward phone call.

Cheers


Ah, yes the old XP scheme! Contractor only, no employees. Lack of joined up thinking once you do the RTIs for payroll!

Apologies - I saw this fix a day or two back, but just didnt connect the dots...should have done, knowing you are a CIS man. Probably can add a credit note to your ever increasing paperwork pile for that one.

There is just too much info flying about and too many changes - my head hurts.



__________________

Joanne

Thoughts are my own/not to be regarded as official advice,which should be sought from a suitably qualified Accountant.

You should check out answers with reference to the legal position (and by that I dont mean with HMRC)



Master Book-keeper

Status: Offline
Posts: 3468
Date:

Cheshire wrote:
Ah, yes the old XP scheme! Contractor only, no employees. Lack of joined up thinking once you do the RTIs for payroll!

Apologies - I saw this fix a day or two back, but just didnt connect the dots...should have done, knowing you are a CIS man. Probably can add a credit note to your ever increasing paperwork pile for that one.

There is just too much info flying about and too many changes - my head hurts.


I saw this on aweb today and wondered whether that was Doug's issue. Good to see that HMRC have corrected it for him.

Interestingly one of my clients is subbie only and I can't submit RTI, as the employer ref only covers him for CIS. As he doesn't use employees it's never been an issue.



__________________

John

Any advice given is for general guidance and professional advice should be sought applicable to your circumstances.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1061
Date:

Still struggling with this, left it the 48hrs and still saying 'not eligible' so phoned the CJRS helpline and the guy couldn't work out why but in the end said he thinks he found the problem and to leave it overnight and it should now work, morning is here and still the same 'not eligible' so another phone call at 8.00 for me!



__________________

Doug

These are only my opinions of how I see things and therefore should not be taken as advice



Master Book-keeper

Status: Offline
Posts: 8593
Date:

I heard 72 hours and all posts for the XP scheme conversion.

Any luck getting through? Bit late to add....ask for a tier 3 agent if you need to ring back.

__________________

Joanne

Thoughts are my own/not to be regarded as official advice,which should be sought from a suitably qualified Accountant.

You should check out answers with reference to the legal position (and by that I dont mean with HMRC)



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1061
Date:

Cheshire wrote:

I heard 72 hours and all posts for the XP scheme conversion.

Any luck getting through? Bit late to add....ask for a tier 3 agent if you need to ring back.


Hi Joanne

It's been more than 72hrs now, but the first lady did say 48hrs and still no joy, got through to the CJRS helpline straight away and then spent the next 50mins on the phone after being escalated to the 2nd tier which was no help what so ever, all i was being told was the computer is saying the client is only registered as a sub-contractor and does not have PAYE set up as an Employer, and then I am being told he is not eligible because he has not paid tax and N/I which is total rubbish, anyway now been escalated to the 3rd tier and I am awaiting a phone call either today or Monday.

Cant see why the system can not be altered if it has been proven that it is incorrect, they have all the facts and the RTI submissions but still can not override the system!



__________________

Doug

These are only my opinions of how I see things and therefore should not be taken as advice

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  

2007-2019 The Book-keepers Forum (BKF). All Rights Reserved. The Book-keepers Forum (BKF) is a trading division of Bookcert Ltd. Registered in England Company Number 05782923. 2 Laurel House, 1 Station Rd, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS22 6AR, United Kingdom. The Book-keepers Forum and BKF are trademarks of Bookcert Ltd. This forum is a discussion forum only. There will usually be more than one opinion to any question and any posting should not be viewed as a definitive solution. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action as a result of any posting on this site is accepted by the contributors or The Book-keepers Forum. In all cases, appropriate professional advice should be sought before making a decision. We reserve the right to remove any postings which are offensive, libellous, self-promoting or engaged in covert marketing. We will not notify users of removals. The views expressed in the forum posts are those of the individual and do not necessary reflect or agree with those of The Book-keepers Forum. Any offensive or unsuitable posts will be removed by the moderators. Any reader of this forum can request for a post to be looked into by sending an email to: info@bookcert.co.uk.

Privacy & Cookie Policy  About