The Book-keepers Forum (BKF)

Post Info TOPIC: Form to assign new allotment of shares to shareholder

Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114
Form to assign new allotment of shares to shareholder


The company that I work for has recently completed an allotment of an additional 50 shares in the company. The company now has 100 shares, 50 of which are currently held by the Director and 50 shares from the recent allotment. I have been asked to complete the relevant paperwork to assign those 50 shares to his wife who is to become a shareholder in the business. I am confused however as to the means of doing this as all advice leads me to believe that I should complete a stock transfer form, however, this form appears to be for the transfer of shares between people and that isn't the case in this instance.

Could someone please point me in the direction of the appropriate form and detail any other paperwork that must be completed? Many thanks Catherine


Master Book-keeper

Status: Online
Posts: 7872

Are you their Accountant?

Or just an employee?

Bonus issue? Rights issue? Re-organisation of shares affecting their nominal price.

If you dont know you should refuse to do it and get the Accountant to do so - especially in light of the fact that such changes often cause major headaches (and such are COSTLY!) for both the limited company and the personal affairs of the Directors (the latter often because they just do something like this without getting proper advice). If they have had such advice then the said advisors should be following through with the paperwork.

Edited to include the word 'nominal' (as earlier I couldnt for the life of me remember that word!!!!!wink)

-- Edited by Cheshire on Monday 9th of January 2017 04:46:18 PM



Fallows Hall Ltd

Winner - Bookkeeper of the Year 2015, 2016 and 2017

Thoughts are my own/not to be regarded as official advice,which should be sought from a suitably qualified Accountant.

Senior Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 114

Hi - I am the bookkeeper here and I completed an SH01 form for the additional 50 shares which all seemed to work fine. I just now need to assign those shares to the new shareholder.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to
Members Login
    Remember Me  

2007-2019 The Book-keepers Forum (BKF). All Rights Reserved. The Book-keepers Forum (BKF) is a trading division of Bookcert Ltd. Registered in England Company Number 05782923. 2 Laurel House, 1 Station Rd, Worle, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset, BS22 6AR, United Kingdom. The Book-keepers Forum and BKF are trademarks of Bookcert Ltd. This forum is a discussion forum only. There will usually be more than one opinion to any question and any posting should not be viewed as a definitive solution. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action as a result of any posting on this site is accepted by the contributors or The Book-keepers Forum. In all cases, appropriate professional advice should be sought before making a decision. We reserve the right to remove any postings which are offensive, libellous, self-promoting or engaged in covert marketing. We will not notify users of removals. The views expressed in the forum posts are those of the individual and do not necessary reflect or agree with those of The Book-keepers Forum. Any offensive or unsuitable posts will be removed by the moderators. Any reader of this forum can request for a post to be looked into by sending an email to:

Privacy & Cookie Policy  About